- Why is there poverty, when productivity keeps increasing?
- Why are willing, able workers unemployed?
- Why are there boom – bust cycles?
- Why does government always need more money?
- Is “economic growth” killing our planet?
We won’t ask you to accept anything unless you can clearly see the proof. In our courses you’ll look at social problems in the context of everyday situations. The secret of understanding economics is seeing what you already know.
Take a Tour of the Course
[ninja-popup ID=720]at this site map and investigate the readings and lessons. Your access to them is unrestricted!
Lots of Options
You can engage with our courses on many levels. Each of the three parts of our Principles of Political Economy series has an enrollment fee of $25 — which entitles you to lesson-by-lesson feedback from an HGI instructor! (But! If you pay the $200 in advance, we won’t charge you the three enrollment fees, and you’ll save $75!) Finally, you can take advantage of the self-paced version of our first course, Understanding Economics, absolutely free.
For Example: What’s It Worth?